Please read the document below regarding the decision on the 2021 BCFFCA Champions.
**Due to Covid19 Royal City Curling Club has NEW guidelines in place for the 2020 curling season.**
Please follow the link below and and read through all of the new guidelines as well as every curler must fill out the COVID & RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVERS
Royal City Curling Club Guidlines
COVID & RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVERS *Must fill out the two forms before curling*
Welcome back curlers! It is another year and time to be thinking of sliding and sweeping (otherwise known as curling).
We are encouraging new members to come out and give curling a try. It doesn’t matter if you are a pro or never thrown a rock before. Learn the game and be part of the rich history and tradition of curling. Come out and enjoy the great hospitality of Emergency Services Curling League and have a great time while you are there.
Good curling and most of all Good Friends make lasting Friendships. Enjoy!!!
Date: October 23th 2020
PLACE: ROYAL CITY CURLING CLUB IN NEW WESTMINSTER
TIME: 0930 hrs. – Games begin at 0930 hrs.
(0830hrs practice time)
COST: $ 95.00 – $100.00 Approximately
Just a heads-up that the 2021 Canadian Fire Fighters Curling are starting their fundraiser again.
For more information please contact: Rick Euper, email: email@example.com
It is with great sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Peter Popovich, age 62, on August 19 from a massive heart attack in the middle of the night.
Peter was a long-term member of our BC Firefighters Curling Association. His smile and laughter will be deeply missed.
Service details to follow (if permitted due to COVID).
To plant Memorial Trees in Don’s memory, please visit our Sympathy Store.
It is with heavy hearts we announce the passing of Don “Dink” Irish on Friday evening March 6, 2020. Don was a member of the BCFFCA for 40+ years. He will be deeply missed by the Curling Family. Celebration of life to follow.
63rd Annual BC Fire Fighters Curling Championship will be hosted on January 27 – 31, 2021 at the Fort Rupert Curling Club (Port Hardy). Hosted by the Port Hardy Fire Department.
More information to follow on our Events page in the coming months.
** How do I get to the Events page?**
You go to the top task bar and select Events and you pick one of the drop down menus you are looking for i.e. Hotel info., Itinerary, Awards Banquet and more. I have attached a picture below to help navigate the website. More info to follow.
2020 BC Firefighters Championship
February 5 – 9, 2020
This years event was hosted by the Emergency Services Curling League at the Royal City Curling Club in New Westminster. The event was attended by 20 teams from across BC.
Thank you to all of our trophy sponsors (see list below) for providing the hardware and to Bob Leffler for running the raffles and 50/50 throughout the event.
Congratulations to Team Thulin (Dean Thulin, Ken Dawson, Rob Robinson, Kevin Maxwell) winning the Championship. Best of luck to your team at the Canadians in Charlottetown, PEI.
Thank you to all the attendees for another successful bonspiel. See you next year in Port Hardy!
- A Event – Kelowna Local 953
- B Event – District of North Vancouver Local 1183
- C Event – New Westminster Fire Local 256
- Out House – Terminal City Works
- Most Sportsman – Burnaby Fire Local 323
- Championship Winner: Dean Thulin – Campbell River
- A-Event Winner: Dean Thulin – Campbell River
- B- Event Winner: Rob Hambley – Abbotsford
- C- Event Winner: Mike Caton – Vancouver
- D-Event Winner: Doug Marshall – District North Vancouver
- Out House Winner: Darcy Taylor – Victoria
- Most Sportsmanlike: Cary Prinse – Chilliwack
A Division Finalists
- 2nd A Event: Rob Hambley – Abbotsford
- 3rd A Event: Gerald Ferguson – Parksville
- 4th A Event: Steve Errington – Vancouver
B Division Finalists
- 2nd B Event: Jim – Nedelak – Vancouver
- 3rd B Event: Jeremy McNulty – YVR/Vancouver
- 4th B Event: Gerald Ferguson – Parksville
C Division Finalists
- 2nd C Event: Hardy Boys – Port Hardy
- 3rd C Event: Steve Hardy – Burnaby
- 4th C Event: Peter Popovich – Delta
D Division Finalists
- 2nd D Event: Rick Euper – Kelowna
- 3rd D Event: Steve Errington – Vancouver
- 4th D Event: Rob Pfoh – Vancouver
Out House Finalists
- 2nd Out House: Kevin Broadbent – North/West Vancouver
- 3rd Out House: Danny Collins – Vancouver
- 4th Out House: James Holmes – West Vancouver
Long Service Awards:
- 30 Years: Ken Dawson
- 20 Years: Rob Robinson
BC Firefighters Curling Championship – Itinerary
|Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Skips Meeting - 5:00 pm - Meet & Greet / Chili and buns
|Thursday, February 6, 2020
Opening Ceremonies - 12:00 PM
1 - 9:00 am
2 - 2:00 pm
3 - 6:00 pm
|Friday, February 7, 2020
4 - 8:30 am
5 - 12:30 pm
6 - 4:00 pm
|Saturday, February 8, 2020
7 - 8:30 am
8 - 12:30 pm
Banquet Dinner - 7:00-7:30pm
Reverse draw to follow Banquet
|Sunday, February 9, 2020
BC F.F. Curling Championship Final
1:00 pm - If necessary